Thursday, November 20, 2014

My Best Kept Secret



    My secret isn't really much of a mystery, rather he is my husband. He came into my life at a time I was not wanting or needing to have a relationship. We commenced a friendship for several months, eventually went on our first date at Bone Fish in Bearden Hill. It was an amazing night, an evening of fond memories. Something he said always stood out to me, and completely freaked me out. Chad said at the end of our first date, "I could fall in love with you so fast", that was my que to get out of there. Obviously I returned since we are married now. Chad was smitten on me from the day he first laid eyes on me, I am still confused why, but nonetheless he was and is still. He courted me for several months, our relationship moved rapidly, many things happened and then BAM we were married. Our marriage was a shock to many, truly even to ourselves at the time. We planned our wedding in 3 weeks, said "I Do" at the Perelman's house on a Sunday afternoon. Our wedding was not typical, we had 3 foster babies and a date at the court house at 9 am the next morning. We didn't even get to drive away from the wedding together, our cars were not large enough for our ginormous family.


    We wouldn't trade that day, or the family we shared it with for any monetary item in this world. It turned out to be a spectacular day. Not because of weather, because we were finally "one" and we shared that with our family. God truly brought us together, He formed our family in an unconventional manner, but it was perfect for us. Chad is an amazing man, he loves unconditionally, and he gives every fiber of his being for his family. Never thinking of his needs first, always putting his desires on the back burner for us. Working endless hours to provide us a beautiful home and nice cars to drive. Honestly, I do not think they make men like Chad anymore, not only does he work, after 10 hours at VTI he cooks, cleans, washes laundry and makes each of us feel special every single day.

    I know without a doubt that I am the lucky one, truly blessed beyond measure to call Chad husband and now father of my wonderful son, Joshua. As stupendous of a husband, he is just as spectacular as a daddy. Not just to Austin and Joshua, but also to Tavis and Tharrin. I thank God every day for Chad, my best kept secret.    



 

No comments:

Post a Comment