Monday, December 19, 2016

my life is NOT mine!

My life is not mine, that is a profound realization.

For many years I lived for me and the moment without a care in the world. For some this is exactly how they also live, for some this is a goal, and for those like me, this a regret. Living for me was exciting at times, painful, as well as selfish. A heart change was on the way without warning. That time came when I wanted to really know God, when understanding His existence wasn't enough, rather living for Him. It was a slow process, as I had so many bad habits and hurts to release. It wasn't a task I could undertake overnight or in a month, for that matter. But I was ready!

First, I wanted to learn all about Jesus and how was it even possible to live like Christ. Learning the details of Jesus Christ was so fulfilling and peaceful, you should give it a try too. He was a wonderful human. Some of his characteristics for me were obtainable, others not gonna happen in this lifetime. Jesus was/is:
Loving
Humble
Obedient
Forgiving
Faithful
Generous

Jesus is so much more than I could ever be, He is a healer and He is perfect.

I had a road map to living life for others. Some will say, why would you want to live for others. I didn't truly understand it either, until I tried it. Giving and loving on someone who needs it is a huge blessing and blesses me more than I could ever bless them. Understanding humility, obedience, forgiving, and faithfulness was only achieved through Christ and is still a learning experience today. Knowing God and knowing of God is not the same, the experience is completely different. Satan knows God, only living for God will allow you to experience God and what God has for you.

This life is NOT mine, it is His!

No comments:

Post a Comment